Thursday, April 14, 2011

More Sean Penn as "Robert" photos

Update (April 14th, 2011): Some outtakes from the film have been posted on YouTube. Also, the film will be in competition at the Cannes Film Festival. (Thanks Marco and Luca)

Update 2 (April 15th, 2011): The Playlist, Consequence of Sound, and TwentyFourBit have stories about it.

Original story (March 1st, 2011): As most of you will remember, in Sean Penn's new film, 'This Must Be The Place', director Paolo Sorrentino says he based the look of Penn's character on Robert Smith. David collected a bunch of photos of Sean filming the movie, so here they are. I don't know, looks like a little of RS, mixed with a lot of classic Wayne Hussey, to me. (Thanks David)

13 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought that Penn and RS would look similar. I think the hair is a little over the top for RS, but the face and clothes are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean Penn looks like Wayne Hussey (The Mission U.K.) in his 1986-1990 period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks interesting. Who is playing on that track? I like the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is is just me or does this look like a terribad movie from that short clip?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is is just me or does this look like a terribad movie from that short clip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not as laughable as I thought... doesn't really remind me of RSX @ all, just another bad 80's hair band. RSX rarely looks into the camera (he's far too demure)(which is why we luv him). A Brit wouldn't drive the biggest truck on the road either ~ not without tragic consequences, anyway. Penn is only slightly better than I imagined... but good enough to make me wanna see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing like roberts clothes imho. penn just looks really really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone knows the title of the song? Is it original?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wayne Hussey 1986-1990 with The Mission, I’m agree... Also, his Sisters of Mercy period.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIlE5coPlqE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slighly offensive to me, like 'ha-ha look the old ridiculous guy with make-up' although the plot is interesting.
    I guess he (Sean) even tries to imitate Robert walking.
    ...I´ve changed my mind. It´s gross.

    ReplyDelete