Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cure on Madness of the 80s


"Yesterday on French TV channel France 3 there was a program called "the madness of the 80's", a collection of the most memorable events in music/fashion/politics etc.. and they showed about 8 seconds of The Cure. First they were lying on a bed doing a kind of a capella version of Close to Me with Simon singing the bass line, Boris clapping his hands and Porl singing the keyboard part. Then they showed a few seconds of The Cure on stage with Bananarama."(Thanks Sylvain)

10 comments:

  1. I included the link for the Bananarama bit. Can't find the bit with them in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw both those videos when they originally came out..hilarious! The french interviewer for the "bed interview"was clearly out of his depth and RS kept taking the piss out of him....as for the Bananarama one it's Classic drunk Cure malarkey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. try there for stills and a transcript
    http://www.impressionofsounds.com/1985-TV15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm the guy who sent this in. I have recorded it, but it's in a 3.5GB file in .ts format. The bed bit is 5 seconds long and there is the speaker's voice in french over it, partially covering the original sound. So I sent a screen capture instead. If some of you really crave for the video, I'll see what I can do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could see the full video, ive always loved the pictures from that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to extract the cure part from my video but it seems the file is corrupted. I spent last evening trying to edit/convert the video with various software but got no other result than an awful lot of error messages. In other words, I can't provide more than the screen capture... at least I tried :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bed bit is on my youtube channel

    ReplyDelete