Monday, August 4, 2008

Recent US sales info

In a post mainly about Depeche Mode, Ask Billboard also had this Cure info:

"As for the Cure, the band's last studio release, 2004's self-titled effort, has sold 327,000 in the U.S. Before that, 2000's "Bloodflowers" shifted 301,000 while 1996's "Wild Mood Swings" has done 371,000.

The Cure recently completed a tour, and of its global dates, we have information on 26 of those shows, nearly all were in North America. Nine of those were sellouts, with a reported attendance of 204,920. Total gross for those shows were $12 million.

The Cure's new as-yet-untitled new album is due out Oct. 13."
(Thanks Sean)

13 comments:

  1. Hmm. No time to comment. I'm having a monocle moment. o_q
    *Sips tea*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of bands would kill for those stats!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robert Smith, can I bum like five dollars? I swear I'm good for it. hugs and kisses,D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The numbers are decent, but I'm surprised that Depeche Mode has been outselling them recently. Nothing against the Mode, I love them too, just thought The Cure were bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus, Robert, give the damn thing a title already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. je trouve ca super ! go the cure go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decent stats for The Cure but I'm not at all surprised DM is selling a bit better now than The Cure. I know more DM fans than I do for The Cure and overall I always thought they sold more albums than the Cure. I love DM too but The Cure will always be #1 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The Cure" sold more copies than "Bloodflowers"???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to share the info, Craig.

    I was happy to see the sales info was relatively strong for both bands. Having contributed a fair amount to the Cure's album/touring revenue and far more to DM's, I'm happy to see them both doing well.

    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, jpx, I've come to the conclusion that the new album will actually be called:

    "The As-Yet Untitled 13th Album"

    Would raise some eyebrows, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought all of those cd`s at least 3 times. judging by the numbers,...i say all the cure fans saw a show this tour. I was in charlotte,..what a show!

    ReplyDelete