Tuesday, June 3, 2008

MSG Afterparty on June 20th

MSG Afterparty @ Contempt! FRIDAY 20 June 2008 @ M1-5
If you've seen this announcement before, please take note of the VENUE CHANGE

On Friday, June 20th, 2008
CONTEMPT! celebrates 30 years of…THE CURE
…with an aftershow extravanganza that will make you SHIVER AND SHAKE!
Come out after their MADISON SQUARE GARDEN show and dance 'til the HOLY HOUR!!!
But…THAT'S NOT ALL!
We're also the official aftershow party for…
LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT's first NYC show in 10 years!
(see below for show information)
Where's all this taking place?

CONTEMPT!
Friday, June 20th
10:15 PM – 4 AM
@ M1-5
52 Walker Street (south of Canal, between Broadway & Church)
21+ to enter WITH ID
$3 with Cure or London After Midnight ticket stub
$5 with printed pass/flyer/announcement
$7 empty-handed

Cure singles, rarities, B-sides and live cuts will be highlighted amidst Contempt's signature kaleidoscope of industrial/ebm/goth/alternative/new wave tunes served up by resident DJ SUBVERT and special guest DJ JEFFO!

Visual delights: The HOT! HOT! HOT! Contempt GO GOs shake it on the box. MISS APPROPRIATE brings you a Cure video montage on the screens.
Giveaways GALORE courtesy of THE IDEAL COPY
DRINK SPECIALS: $4 kamikaze shots 'til midnight and $6 vodka cocktails ALL NIGHT to keep you spinning on that dizzy edge…

Show information:
THE CURE with special guests 65daysofstatic
June 20th @ Madison Square Garden
Tickets available at http://www.ticketmaster.com

LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT with special guests Life Cried
June 20th @ Don Hill's
511 Greenwich St, NYC, NY 10013
Get your advance tickets here.
more info and RSVP here.
(Thanks Angel)

13 comments:

  1. Sounds neat. Wish I could go, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still pondering going to one of them after show thingie... Anyone think I should/shouldn't? I'm afraid to feel like I don't quite belong there :oS (Must be aging or something...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the band actually show up to these afterparties? Or is it just a place where fans congregate and party on after the show is over? I've always wondered...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. V - Most of the time, it's just fans. The band has their own afterparties. Sometimes at the venue (most of Curiosa), sometimes at the hotel (most of Dream tour).
    But some Cures have shown up at "unofficial" parties. Very rare though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig: Thanks for the explanation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. christ...london after midnight? jesus. i feel like i'm 15 and reading propaganda all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantac, i probably won't go. i have a hot date with mah boyfriend ;)

    but you should say hi at the show! i'm the short chubby girl with the tall thin boyfriend. i'll be wearing boxing gloves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only way I could go if someone paid for the ticket, my transportation, and my accomodations. In other words, pretty close to everything. I've already put myself on a tight financial leash due to the Cleveland show and a couple of other things that I'm doing this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sofia! No f-ing way! I'm TERRIFIED over here! T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D!!!

    :oP

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantac- go go go! (imagine Push riff here) I mean, a club full of rabid Cure fans? It sounds like it will be a lot of fun, I really wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish someone had put on a bloody after show Cure night in London! :( But then most people at the show in London were gross and had no right being at a Cure show, quite bizarre infact

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm confused, I thought the NEW address for this event was the 199 Bowery address? Maybe I'm just a tard! Probably. :)~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angel here, the party organizer, checking in to answer some questions.

    First, v, the band is absolutely NOT expected to show up at the party. No one would be more shocked than me if they did!

    Second, fantac, Contempt parties are known for hosting a more "mature" (ahem) crowd, and there's NEVER a dress code, so no one should feel too old or "not goth enough" to show up. We work hard to create a very laid back, all-are-welcome, check-your-attitude-at-the-door atmosphere.

    Finally, mock_goth_girl, the correct address is M1-5 52 Walker Street. We moved back to our former venue cuz the one on Bowery was gonna be too small.

    If any of you from this list do decide to come by, ask after me at the door. I'd love to meet some other COF frequenters. I've been reading the news and writing reviews here for many years.

    ReplyDelete